Wednesday, November 12, 2008

State Of The Dude, Part II

I mean to pick up where I left of in Part I. Let me however journey back a few stanzas to the 5K. The results came in today, and as it turns out I came in 85th at 26:09, with an average mile time of 8:25. There were 185 people overall. You can view the official results here. Kelly's results are there as well. She came in 118th and was 4th in her bracket.

Back to the end. We concluded Saturday night with the Friend's Thanksgiving. The occasion and events are really there in the title. It's a Thanksgiving dinner with a bunch of friends but before the actual holiday. Kelly made her macaroni & cheese. Good thing I was around to bring the cornbread since there were no other entries.

Breakfast with Scott & Beth was a lot of fun and at times, hilarious. Scott and I showcased our manly nature by order Mama's Pancake and Mama's French Toast Breakfasts, respectively. We marvelled at our ability to down two plates full of our title food, eggs, and sausage. Top it off with biscuits & jelly and you've got yourself one helluva meal. After the trip to the store, it was time to play the first ultimate frisbee held on Sunday. I took Jade and I don't think she could've been happier. It's unfortunate that I must say that taking her was the best part. While gameplay was good, the wind was a real downer for the whole day. 

Sunday night finally came and Stash and I got to play GOW2 together for the first time. While very nostalgic, I had some network problems that I'm not convinced are solved. I'm running the xbox wirelessly to our single router. Unfortunately, the router is upstairs so it's got a lot of walls and interference to run through. I changed the broadcast channel in hopes that would help the interference part of the whole equation. I think it helped, but I'm not sure it completely solved the problem.

1 comment:

Cordell said...

Married life is starting to sound good...