Monday, April 27, 2009

VA by Blood

As of April 13, I no longer possess a VA driver's license. With a history of recklessness, making trouble for the establishment, and a five year stint of a class B CDL, I had to surrender it. Unfortunately, the DMV ladies would allow me to keep it, despite my charming manner.
Along with the new license, ol' blue (seen here) got a little face lift as well. The old plates have been retired to my basement and she's now sporting a new plate. That's one difference between VA and WV. WV only requires a single plate be adorned on the rear of the vehicle whereas in VA two must be displayed.
The inspection was performed just a couple Saturdays ago. WV inspection stickers are displayed on the left of the windshield and no county of residence is required. VA, of course, repealed their requirement for county stickers just this year. Speaking of the inspection process, the fellow here had me sit in the driver's seat and put my seat belt on. That was something else I never had to do in VA.

All told, everything went smoothly. I've already got my permanent registration and WV title (oh, I had to surrender my VA title as well) and now everything is done.

2 comments:

Cordell said...

Nice picture...what the "f" you been smokin' boy?

wc said...

funny story actually. i made a crack to the lady at the counter about funny faces. she smiled then had me sit down, told me to look at the camera tower and clicked the picture less than 2 seconds after i sat down.

i went with it.