Monday, July 14, 2008

Heritage

As everyone knows, we're all high rollers in the South. When we do something, we do it big and loud for everybody to hear, generally on the grandest of scales. Don't believe me? Visit your local Tractor Supply. Turns out, that goes for how we break shit, too. My mower is sitting in the dank corners of Sears right now 'cause I had to go and hit a 10" wide pipe cover in the corner of our yard daydreaming while mowing. I bent the hell out of the blade and after replacing that, the mower was still 'no va.' I spent the rest of my time weed eating the whole back yard which was not enjoyable. That was Saturday.

Dom and I spent part of the day at work learning all we could about mowers and we figured the best recourse was to replace the flywheel key which looks like this...It's basically a piece of soft metal that is designed to break in the event of unfortunate trauma and save the all-important crank shaft. Upon arrival at the Dominator's, we disassembled everything required, made the appropriate acquisitions of the key and replaced it. The mower fired right up. Great news...well not quite. After about a minute of running, we heard a knocking and feared for our ankles since, for all we knew, the mower blade was about to come at us with all of Hell's Fury behind it.

The only saving grace for this night was the fact that we grilled a few steaks that I brought over, and Dom's special lady fixed us some potatoes and veggies. I digress...back to the original point. We don't mess around where I come from. I broke that lawn mower good. It's basically eff'ed up to the point I had no choice but to drop it off for repair since we were perplexed at the problem and tired of messing with it.

To recap the weekend: Saturday sucked due to mowing but got better once we went to Viva for Mexican. Sunday was nice since we slept in, I went to the gym, and later we went to China City Buffet followed by Hellboy 2. Don't bother. It sucked.

Vacation starts Friday, which is gonna be great. Aside from being there with Kelly and her family, the best part is getting away from work starting this Friday and not going back until a week from the following Monday.

Well, that about does her, wraps her all up...I guess that's the way the whole durned human comedy keeps perpetuatin' itself down through the generations. Westward the wagons across the sands o' time until...aw, look at me. I'm ramblin' again...Catch you later on down the trail.

No comments: