Friday, August 1, 2008

Oh This Burning Beard

I was driving to work the other day and I realized I haven't made any mention about the Clutch concert I went to. So to summarize the weekend of March 23, 2008, I went to Richmond to stay with my old roommate Ben.

As it happened, Ben was also moving into his new place the day after the concert. I still say Dunkin' Donuts stole my idea for their commercial from that day. Nevertheless, we had the concert Saturday and the big move on Sunday.

As you can see, Neil Fallon was all over the place on guitar, vocals, and all around putting on a great show. Clutch was preceded by Murder By Death, a good band to open. The concert lasted a couple hours and played some great songs. They opened with 'Gravel Road.' At one point, they played the first three songs off their newest album in a row, which flowed nicely and was met with a huge response from the crowd. Near the end and leading into 'Burning Beard' was one of the best drum solos any of us had ever seen. Afterward we went back to Ben's place and got some sleep before moving the next day.

No comments: