Friday, December 5, 2008

myThanksgiving

Dad Me
Situated at the base of the Shenandoah National Park sits Crimora. Housing the abandoned mines which founded the township, Crimora has no stoplights, a fistful of trailer parks, baseboard heating, and a post office right next to a Dollar General and The Village Market. It's my home. Unfortunately, Thanksgiving is long gone and Crimora's 100 miles away. Kelly and I went there first for 1/2 Thanksgivings. Before eating, we were able to snap a few images.
A shot of the mountains (above) and my sister unveiling the oreo cheesecake she made me


Here, Uncle Jimmy takes a shot with the bow.


And now, it's the old man's turn.

Sadly, we had to leave for Inwood the same day so we could have Thanksgiving all over again at our house with Kelly's family. Both meals were gut busters; I wish I could eat like that all the time.

1 comment:

Cordell said...

looks like a good one to me!