Sunday, September 14, 2008

Movie Night & Following

After another normal week at work, we decided to make a night of it on Friday. The grand (hardly) cinema in Martinsburg housed the four of us for quite a time in front of the big screen. We were mesmerized for nearly two hours as the Coen Brothers wowed us with another tale of ordinary people who fall into extraordinary circumstances. The audience cheered as the US government (FBI and CIA) were at a loss as to how to best handle an analyst who's barely clinging to his sanity. The cast works pretty well together to deliver a combination of slapstick, action, comedy, and a few surprises that shocked us.

Next came the weekend. I finally got around to mowing, which is good to get that done. I tried to go to the range on Saturday to practice but of course they close at 4 on Saturdays, which is about five minutes before I arrived. Sunday we got all our store errands done and then spent the rest of the day at home.

Today (Monday) is our day off so we slept in and watched some movies. Right now I'm in the middle of Fargo and I'm reliving the days of when I was in South Dakota. Of course, I didn't have to deal with Buscemi demanding that I bring him the money or he shoots my kids. So another thing we're working on today is thinking about Halloween costumes. Any ideas?

6 comments:

Dom Z. said...

Could Kelly straighten her hair? With a little work I bet she could pull off a good Maude, and since your beard is coming in you could probably arrange the Dude.

Cordell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cordell said...

Mike and Carol Brady!

...jheri curl anyone?

Dom Z. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dom Z. said...

cocaine...is a hell of a drug.

wc said...

i had an idea for the honeymooners. could you imagine? me to kelly: one of these days...POW right in the kisser! especially since cedric the entertainer did a remake a few years ago.

still haven't broken that idea to kelly yet...