Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wrap It Up

It's been a week. I've got a few things to report on. Probably the biggest piece of info is I'm heading to California next weekend to visit the Will man. I'm flying out of Dulles on Friday to Oakland and I'll get back the following Monday. I'm pretty excited. It'll be good to hang out with the man for the weekend and see his new stomping ground. I know I said I'd come to Chicago and Blacksburg when I can, but I knew Will first so he goes to the top of list. Don't worry, those places are my next targets :).
The next big piece is Dom got his other bow back and has loaned it to me. We spent some time on Wednesday going over the fundamentals again and I shot a few times yesterday. I'm planning to look into getting my VA hunting license (which I need to hurry up and do) and probably my WV as well. I figure it'll be a successful season if I can bag myself one deer. I can hit a pie plate at 20 yards, and that's decent. I'll need more practice before going into the field, especially after I tune the bow. Dom said it's like an explosion going off in your hands when the bow is set to its proper draw weight.

Today I went to the range to spend some time practicing. Turns out, I can still shoot well enough that nobody should be breakin' in anytime soon. I got to talk to some other people while there and fire a couple .22 pistols. Fun to shoot and no kickback to speak of.

Nothing really new to report about work. Development is at a crawl. Of course, that's not really news.

3 comments:

Dom Z. said...

To clarify - the Browning bow I lent you *is* like an explosion going off in your hands when set to a proper hunting draw weight. It has remarkable recoil for what it is. It will kinda try to fly out of your hand to the right. At least it did for me, though I had grip problems when I was shooting it. If you decide you like it and you get a modern bow, especially one with parallel limbs, you will find that the "explosion" only happens when some dumbass dry-fires it.

wc said...

haha kinda like zeke. i wouldn't be surprised if the browning had been dry fired before.
it's what happens when you hand a bow to those amatuers...

Dom Z. said...

Hey man, somebody told me a story about your day at the range...something about you, a Walther P22, and a slightly desperate woman. Any comment?