Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kelly vs. Wild (pt1)

Saturday morning I grabbed my special lady and we headed to the Blue Ridge Center for Environmental Stewardship in VA. There was no pre-defined GPS information, so we trudged it like the ol' days and made our route that way. We took several trails to get the route we did. Basically, we tried to stay along the outter edge of all the trails to get a decent amount of hiking in. I toyed with the software to put a few extra waypoints in to let you know what was happening along the way.
We decided to keep it short so we could get our errands done, plus we both got our feet wet when trying to cross the creek twice. It wasn't a hard decision to make. Turns out this place has another major section to it. We skipped that and vowed to come back and attack it from the other side since there's parking there too. The almost straight line in the bottommost area is the the top portion of the other half. I'll put up my favorite pictures from there.


We spent the time jabbering on about food and me reassuring Kelly that there was no poison ivy to worry about. At the slow times, I was doing my best Bear Grylls impersonation with regards to moss on trees, the editability of mushrooms in the wild, and trenchfoot.

We got back on the road around 10 AM and went to the store to get that over with.That was the extend of our errands.

Once we got home, we made lunch, Kelly gave me a haircut, then we cleaned up and started laundry. Shortly afterwards, we marvelled at all we had accomplished before 2 PM. The remainder of the day was spent with Kelly playing the Wii and me on the computer getting everything up to date. Dinner was chicken alfredo & asparagus, followed by more Wii.

Work, work work...

1 comment:

JamesF said...

Send me an email with your Wii ID if you're connected.