Thursday, October 9, 2008

Don't Worry, Everything's Clean...

I decided to jump on an opportunity and buy a used bow. I know what you're thinking...what's wrong with it? was it dry fired? did somebody drop it from a tree stand? As far as I know, no. My goal on Saturday was to get it sighted in at 20 yards. During that time, Dom and I played tic-tac-toe. No, we didn't sit out in the grass for a picnic with pencil and paper. We took an archery block and taped off a section that matches a tic-tac-toe board and played from 20 and 25 yards. We were using a tree and a fake deer for a backstop. We managed to get a few pictures and a video in the process.
The bow is a Reflex Buckskin. It's set to a 28" draw length and currently set to 55 lbs of draw weight. I love the bow. It fits me very well and was a great deal. My losses to date are: two arrows (including field tips) and another 100 grain field tip. I'm still learning the particulars of archery, but I think I have a good grasp of the basics. I doubt I'll get much hunting in this season (except in Crimora should something wonder into the yard), but I hope to next year.
Thanks be to the Dominator for getting me six more arrows, a kisser button which we will install, and some bow string wax.

2 comments:

Cordell said...

you big ol' mountain man, you....

Dom Z. said...

yeah, the part he didn't tell you was how he went out and fell 6 cords of wood for the stove this winter, shot and dressed a score of groundhogs, and then fought a bear mano a mano armed with nothing but his wits and a sharp stick he found mid-battle.

speaking of "mano a mano," how's san francisco? just kiddin', that's a terrible stereotype, kind of...but i hear they don't know a Virginian from a Texan out there? i hope you get to visit WV again over the winter or something, man, you're a righteous dude.