Thursday, October 2, 2008

Two Car N N in 4 Minutes

So, this is a little late going up but I'm back from California. I'm going to post some pictures as I find a few good ones, but there will definitely be more to come. So I'll start from the flight. I flew out of Dulles at 7:05, which meant I had to get there even earlier. This in turn meant I had to get up almost before I went to bed. Once I got there after parking in the economy lot and riding the shuttle, I walked right past the check in since I was still 90% asleep (don't ask me how I got to the airport) so when I got near security and was asked for my boarding pass the first time, I had to go back and check in. After that, my bags were run through security. Big surprise I forgot to take out a small pocketknife Kate got me. After dodging a few bullets (kidding) the only option for me was to mail it to myself and go back through security. I won't even go into the fact that the automated mail system was broken. I got through security, got on the plane, read & slept & ate, watched tv and finally arrive at Oakland airport. The big man met me and we rode the shuttle to the BART station, then rode the MUNI to his area. We dropped off my stuff and go started on our weekend with no down time.
The first place we went downtown was Union Square and also walked around downtown. Another stop was Chinatown, which we eventually went back to the next day.

Next time I'll put pictures up from Saturday. This was the day we went to Alcatraz (awesome tour) and spent the afternoon at Fisherman's Wharf.

1 comment:

Dom Z. said...

You guys really like interacting with sculpture.