Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tall Tales

So this is a picture of Ryan and me. It was the 2nd time we ate a whole box of cereal as our dinner. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the picture from the first time. It was an equally glorious victory picture of a large accomplishment.
"But Wayne," you may ask, "eating a whole box of cereal isn't a big deal." Yes it's true, many people can survive this intestinal onslaught. However, we had a set of rules that make the Average Joe unable to perform such a feat. Rule 1 - The cereal had to be 1 lb. That's right. 1 whole pound. If it was over such as my first cereal, Cheerios, we used highly advanced mathematics to bring it down to a pound. Rule 2 - It had to be eaten in one sitting. No bathroom breaks, no getting up to stretch out. The only allowed movement was going from the couch to the floor. Rule 3 - No eating dry cereal. God created cereal and milk to go together. The only exception to this rule is when you're snacking, which we weren't doing.

My Scorecard
1st time: Honey Nut Cheerios
2nd time: Trail Mix Crunch
3rd time: Shredded Mini Wheats - Maple & Brown Sugar

Ryan if you're reading this, send me the first picture and your scorecard. You should definitely put it up as a comment to this post.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My computer crashed and I've lost all kinds of photos, so I don't have the originals! Tragic!

For the record: my first cereal was Quaker Toasted Oatmeal Squares, then Honey Bunches of Oats, then (what I like to call The Mistake) Fiber One! The first two took me about 20-25 minutes. Fiber One took me over 45 minutes!

Unknown said...

...and if you haven't figured it out, I'm not Robert, even though it says I am.

wc said...

yeah i remember the last one. i remember thinking you were crazy. of course, i had just finished eating a whole box myself so i didn't have the state of mind to judge others' capacity for sanity.

one thing i forgot to mention was the way we upsized the spoons. the first time, we used ice cream scoops. the other times we just used giant spoons.

Dom Z. said...

I...I gotta admit. That sounds like a really good idea. Except the Fiber One - damn, son. That reminds me of the time my buddy Justin and I split an order of two large pizzas and breadsticks. What idiots we were...cereal is way more nutritious.

wc said...

one important thing i forgot to mention: bring the concept of mini cereal boxes with the perforation to a regular box. use a knife to cut the class wide H pattern.

addendum 1: no puking. if you can't hold it down, it doesn't count.
addendum 2: no bowls. using the concept, cut the box and bag so that you can pour milk directly into it. a tip to keep your cereal from getting soggy is to use a couple books to let the milk pool at the bottom.

for those that may be confused, it is 1 box of cereal EACH. it doesn't count if someone has to help you.